Schools provide students with free instruction to fulfill the standard Victorian curriculum and we want to assure you that all contributions are voluntary. Nevertheless, the ongoing support of our families ensures that our school can offer the best possible education and support for our students. We want to thank families for their support, whether it's’s through fundraising or volunteering their time. This has made a huge difference to our school and the programs we can offer.
Essendon Primary School fees are guided by the DET Parent Payment Policy. Parent Payments are tabled at School Council to be endorsed each year. School Council have made careful and conscientious decisions to ensure that the parent payments are fair and reasonable. The school fees set and endorsed by School Council are for programs and materials beyond the standard curriculum delivery and also includes the booklist/stationary for all students. We value the payments that parents make because they enable us to enhance the high quality learning opportunities that we can provide all our children. Excursions/Incursions and the camp program will be charged as they occur. We again ask for consideration from each family in supporting our Building and Library Funds by making a tax deductible donation. These donations are incredibly important for our school. We have also included a voluntary Shade & Playground fund so that we can continue with the development of the playground for the children and to also increase the shade in the grounds.
The parent payments for 2023 include:
Essential Learning Items for Students
• Textbooks (i.e. take home reader books) and subscriptions (i.e. Mathletics, Reading Eggs)
• Stationery items, such as exercise books, glue sticks, pens, pencils, photocopy paper and facial tissues.
• Materials and resources that support our curriculum above the standard curriculum programs (i.e. iPads, laptops, robotics science equipment, art supplies, musical instruments, PE equipment, maths measuring equipment).
Optional Items – to be charged as they occur
• Athletics Carnival
• Class photos
• Interschool Sports (Grade 5/6)
• Grade 6 Graduation / Grade 6 Jackets
• School Magazine
Voluntary Financial Contributions
• These payments are recommended and important, but voluntary. This year families have a choice of Tax-deductible donations to the School Library or Building Funds or a non-deductible contribution to our Shade and Playground fund to continue to enhance our play space.
We understand that families can sometimes experience financial difficulty or a crisis which makes payments difficult. If parents wish to discuss a payment plan different to the above they are invited to email the Business Manager or call the office on 9370 7816.
Camps, Sports & Excursions Fund (CSEF) may be available to assist with costs associated with Camps and excursions for families that hold a valid, means tested concession card. Please contact the School Office for an application form and further information. More information on the CSEF is available on the Department of Education and Training website: https://www2.education.vic.gov.au/pal/camps-sports-and-excursions-fund/policy
The Parent Payment Overview and individual year level charges can be found at the following links:
Parent Payment Letter
2023 Foundation School Charges
2023 Year 1-4 School Charges
2023 Year 5-6 School Charges